Saturday, December 1, 2012

wednesday/miercoles 29 Nov.


Wednesday, I left Aguascalientes about 12:30.  Ricky helped me plan my route, and I traveled from there to Guadalajara.  So far, I had successfully avoided traveling on the too roads.  THe problem with the too roads is that, because I have dual wheels, they charge me the same as if I had a bus full of passengers.  But as I approached Guadalajara, I was tricked by some inadequate signage and found myself on a too road before I could do anything about it.  The Mexican toll roads have some differences, compared to the ones in the United States.  On the Ohio Turnpike, for example, you'll have contact with the toll collectors both as you enter the highway and when exiting.  In Mexico, the money seems to be collected just at any random location.  So Wednesday I traveled only about three or four miles after I realized that I had mistakenly entered the toll road, and then they collected 53 pesos from me, about four dollars and twenty five cents.  I told the girl who collected the money that four miles of good highway for four dollars did not seem like a very good bargain, but she replied that there were twenty two more kilometers in front of me.  So it was not quite as bad as I had thought, although somehow I got mixed up and lost in Guadalajara.
   After asking for directions and going in circles for a while, I made my way to Chapala, arrived at Walmart just before dark, and passed the night in the parking lot.  On Wednesday, I was finally able to finish eating the roast chicken that I had puchased in Zacatecas the previou Friday.  This was made difficult because, while I was at Jimmy's house, they kept feeding me whenever I got hungry and sometimes when I was not hungry.  One day they made me eat two lunches, one with Ricky and then another one when Jimmy got home!
   On the way to Guadalajara, I bought a new hat.  I think it was quite a good buy for only twenty pesos ($1.60).




Miércoles, dejé Aguascalientes alrededor de las 12:30. Ricky me ayudó a planear mi ruta, y desde allí viajó a Guadalajara. Hasta ahora, había evitado con éxito en los caminos también. El problema con las carreteras también es eso, porque tienen ruedas duales, me cobran lo mismo que si tuviera un autobús lleno de pasajeros. Pero a medida que me acercaba a Guadalajara, fui engañado por algunos señalización inadecuada y me encontré en un camino demasiado antes de que pudiera hacer nada al respecto. Las carreteras de peaje mexicanas tienen algunas diferencias, en comparación con los de los Estados Unidos. En la autopista de peaje de Ohio, por ejemplo, tendrá contacto con los cobradores de peaje tanto al entrar en la autopista y salir cuando. En México, el dinero parece ser recogidos sólo en cualquier lugar al azar. Así Miércoles viajé solo unas tres o cuatro millas después me di cuenta de que había entrado por error en la autopista, y luego se recogieron 53 pesos de mí, alrededor de cuatro dólares y veinte cinco centavos. Le dije a la chica que recogió el dinero que cuatro kilómetros de buena carretera de cuatro dólares no me parece una muy buena oferta, pero ella respondió que había veinte kilómetros dos más en frente de mí. Así que no fue tan malo como yo había pensado, aunque de alguna manera me confunde y se pierde en Guadalajara.
    Después de preguntar por direcciones y dando vueltas durante un tiempo, hice mi camino a Chapala, llegó a Walmart justo antes del anochecer, y pasó la noche en el estacionamiento. El miércoles, por fin fui capaz de terminar de comer el pollo asado que había puchased en Zacatecas el viernes previou. Esto fue difícil porque, mientras yo estaba en la casa de Jimmy, que mantiene la alimentación de mí cada vez que me dio hambre ya veces cuando no tenía hambre. Un día se me hizo comer dos comidas, una con Ricky y luego otro cuando Jimmy llegó a su casa!
    En el camino a Guadalajara, me he comprado un sombrero nuevo. Creo que fue bastante una buena compra para sólo veinte pesos ($ 1,60).





No comments:

Post a Comment