Monday, December 24, 2012

My new best Mexican friend, Don Pascual, and I have made the decision that since there are 100 million Mexicans, 300 million Americans, and only 30 million Canadians, that the best thing to do would be to just kill  all the Canadians while they are asleep one of these nights and take all of their stuff.  (Don't tell anyone.  It's going to be a surprise.)    

I have entered into a business agreement with a couple of ambitious Mexican entrepenuers  who are going to help me impoverish the naive Canadians by overcharging them for goods and services.  Marcos is going to be in charge of direct sales, Luis will handle customer services, and I am doing the promotion and publicity.  We may decide to give Pascual a small share of the profits in consideration for his co-operation and aid.  

I met a very nice fellow named David,, who is missing his left leg below the knee.  For some reason I don't remember the subject came up and I said "I bet you drive an automatic transmission"  I lost that bet !  
   First I thought he was a bus driver, because there is a little bit of confusion with the proper names of things, but we hopped (oh God, did I really just say that?) in Pascual's truck and David drove me around the blockwithout using the clutch, just by upshifting when the proper rpm is reached!
     I want to talk to him again because I just had the beautiful thought that I might not have to spend the money replacing the clutch in my Ranger when I get home next spring.
  Sundays, there seems to be sporting events every week.  Last week my good Colombian friend Mauricio (regular Colombian, not British Colombian) swam for four kilometers and won a medal !  The truth, I found out later, is that all of the participants get medals, just like in the pre;kindergarten youth soccer leagues back home.

  Anyway, yesterday I got to town pretty early in the morning and noticed a policeman on the corner and a few people standing around.  Then somebody came runnin past around the corner and everybody clapped.  This went on for a while, with them running right past me while I was drinking my coffee, and the clapping and once in a while I would yell or word or two of encouragement like "pick up the pace a little bit, Tubby"  or "only two more blocks.  Don't quit now!"
  After I finished my coffee, I walked the two blocks to the park.  After a quick assessment of the situation, I had decided what to do.  I walked back to the place where the runners come into sight of the ones waiting at the finish line and burst onto the track.  As I approached the line,I raised my arms over my head and said "Hooray for me!  I finally made it!"  or words to that effect.  So they gave me a medal, too.  If everybody else gets one, why can't I have one, too?  It would almost be like a violation of my human rights if they didn't give me one.

Mi nuevo mejor amigo mexicano, Don Pascual, y he tomado la decisión que ya hay 100 millones de mexicanos, 300 millones de estadounidenses y canadienses sólo 30 millones, que sería lo mejor para matar a todos los canadienses mientras duermen una de estas noches y tomar todas sus cosas. (No contar nada a nadie. Va a ser una sorpresa.)

He entrado en un acuerdo de negocios con un par de entrepenuers mexicano ambicioso que van a ayudarme a empobrecer a los canadienses ingenuos por sobrecarga de los bienes y servicios. Marcos va a estar a cargo de ventas directas, Luis encargará de servicios al cliente y estoy haciendo la promoción y publicidad. Podemos decidir dar una pequeña parte de los beneficios de Pascual en consideración su cooperación y ayuda.

Conocí a un compañero muy agradable llamado a David, que carece de su pierna izquierda por debajo de la rodilla. Por alguna razón que no recuerdo al tema se acercó y dijo "Te apuesto que conduce a una transmisión automática" perdí esa apuesta!
Primero pensé que era un conductor de autobús, porque hay un poco de confusión con los nombres propios de cosas, pero nos subimos (oh Dios, realmente decir que?) en el carro y David Pascual me llevó alrededor de la blockwithout con el embrague, sólo por la desviación al alcanzar las rpm deseadas!
Quiero hablar con él de nuevo porque tuve el pensamiento hermoso que podría no tengo que gastar el dinero reemplazando el embrague en mi Ranger cuando llegue a casa la próxima primavera.
El domingos, parece ser eventos deportivos cada semana. La semana pasada mi buen amigo colombiano Mauricio (regular colombiano, Colombia no británico) nadó por cuatro kilómetros y ganó una medalla! La verdad, me enteré después, es que todos los participantes obtener medallas, al igual que en el pre, ligas de kindergarten de vuelta a casa.

De todas formas, ayer llegó a la ciudad muy temprano en la mañana y dio cuenta de un policía en la esquina y unas cuantas personas alrededor. Entonces alguien vino runnin pasado alrededor de la esquina y todos aplaudieron. Esto fue un rato con ellos funcione bien pasado de mí mientras yo estaba tomando mi café y los aplausos y vez en cuando me sería gritar o palabra o dos de aliento como "coger el ritmo poco a poco, Tubby" o "sólo a dos cuadras más. No sale en ahora"!
Después de terminar mi café, caminé dos cuadras del parque. Después de una evaluación rápida de la situación, había decidido qué hacer. Caminé hacia el lugar donde los corredores entran en vista de los que esperan en la línea de meta e irrumpió en la pista. Como me acerqué a la línea, levanté mis brazos sobre mi cabeza y dijo "Hooray para mí! Finalmente hice!"o palabras a tal efecto. Así que me dieron una medalla, también. Si todo el mundo obtiene uno, por qué no puedo yo tengo uno, demasiado? Sería casi como una violación de mis derechos humanos si no me dieron uno.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty sure you could make ten times as much money by overcharging the naive Americans as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy your blog and your writing but the Canadian bashing is getting tiresome and yes i have a great sense of humour...best wishes for this season to you....Les a Limey Canadian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naive: deficient in wordly wisdom or informed judgment - I think that you know the fellow.

    ReplyDelete