Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yesterday I had the first bad experience of my trip. I drove from Esteli to Granada and got here about three thirty. I parked right across the street from the main square and of course there were all kinds of people around.
Then I walked six blocks to the hotel I stayed at last time I was in town to say hello to the owner and my friend Ramon, who works there. When I got back to my vehicle, it had been broken into and my computer and camera had been taken. It looks as if whoever did it took a screwdriver and punched it into the keyhole on the passenger-side door.
So now I have a new computer, one of those little Netbook things, and a new camera. But all of my photographs are gone, of course, except for the ones I have posted on the web and sentin emails.
And then today Ramon and I went up to see the Mombacho volcano and I found out I could not take any pictures because the camera I bought is sold without the little memory card!
Anyway, I think I will stay here for one more day and watch the ¨Super Bowl, then head on towards Costa Rica. I have just about made up my mind to go all the way to Panama and try to find an old friend that I have not seen for almost 30 years.

Ayer tuve la primera experiencia mala de mi viaje. Conduje de Estelí a Granada y llegado hasta aquí sobre las tres y media. Dejé el coche justo enfrente de la plaza principal y, por supuesto, había todo tipo de personas en todo.

Entonces caminé seis cuadras hasta el hotel me quedé en la última vez que estaba en la ciudad para saludar al dueño y mi amigo Ramón, que trabaja allí. Cuando regresé a mi vehículo, que había sido asaltada y mi ordenador y la cámara había sido. Parece como si el que se tomó un destornillador y lo golpeó en la cerradura en la puerta del lado del pasajero.

Así que ahora tengo un nuevo ordenador, una de esas pequeñas cosas Netbook, y una nueva cámara. Pero todos mis fotografías se han ido, por supuesto, a excepción de los que he publicado en la web, correos electrónicos y sentin.

Y entonces hoy Ramón y yo fuimos a ver el volcán Mombacho y me di cuenta que no podía tomar fotos porque la cámara que compré se vende sin la tarjeta de memoria pequeña!

De todos modos, creo que me quedaré aquí por un día más y ver el ¨ Super Bowl, luego la cabeza en dirección a Costa Rica. Tengo casi hecho a la idea de ir todo el camino a Panamá y tratar de encontrar un viejo amigo que no he visto por casi 30 años.

No comments:

Post a Comment