Saturday, February 26, 2011

Back in ANtigua

I am now back in Antigua and if I had my littñe Panama detour to do over, I would fly to Panama ibstead if driving. I am sure it must be a lot less expensive to fly.
And the way that I found out that my buddy Ramon was living in Mamitupu--by emailing a nearby hotel--I could have done that from Michigan, now that I think about it!
But at least now I can say I have been to Costa Rica, even though all I saw of it was the view from the Panamerican Highway. Actually, I got off of that road for a while and took a detour on a new road that follows the coast. It was a very good divided highway with some nice views of the coastline.
And I finally met Don Kiki, the owner of a cigar making operation in Esteli. He splits his time between Nicaragua and Miami. On the way south I stopped and bought some cigars at his factory and got what I thought was a pretty good price on cigars that I liked. So I decided to buy some more on the way back--maybe enough to last me all summer. Well, the owner was there and we sat and talked for an hour or so. I told him some of the cigars that I liked and which ones I would smoke if I could afford them and so forth. So then I gave him a hundred dollars and asked him to use his judgment and pick out some cigars foe me. He has about six or eight different varieties that he blends and puts different bands on. So he gave me a REALLY good deal. I have not looked up the retail prices that he charges at his store in Miami, but he pointed out one of the six bundles that he selected for me and said that that bundle alone sells for over a hundred dollars!
He was a really nice guy. He seemed to like my camper a lot and said that next time I passed through, he might have one just like it. And also he said if I wanted to stay in Esteli for a few days now or in the future that I could park out at his farm and he would hook me up with electricity.
When I flew from Mamitupu bck to Panama City, Ramon and his wife had me tke pckage to their oldest daughter. She is in school on the mainland and studying to become a teacher. Anyway, when the plane landed in Panama, the passengers all had to go through pretty thorough inspection of their luggage and everything, just as if you were coming from another country. The reason is that the Indian territory is very close to Colombia and lot of unregulated trade goes on between the Kunas and the Colombians, so if they did not check luggage at the airport, you could be able to smuggle in any kind of thing! But I was a little nervous, wondering what was in that package I was carrying. And they have some peculiar rules, too. There was a sign saying it was against the law to bring in any kind of artisanship that was made from the leaves of the coconut palm tree, so I was glad I did not take my hat with me that I got in Mexico last year because that is what it is made out of. So I met Yamaris in the airport and gave her the package and everything was fine.

traducción del inglés al español

Ahora estoy de vuelta en Antigua y si yo tenía mi littñe interesante Panamá a hacer más, me gustaría volar a Panamá ibstead si la conducción. Estoy seguro de que debe ser mucho más barato para volar. Y la forma en que me enteré de que mi amigo Ramón vivía en Mamitupu - por correo electrónico a un hotel cercano - que podría haber hecho que a partir de Michigan, ahora que lo pienso! Pero al menos ahora puedo decir que he estado en Costa Rica, a pesar de todo lo que vi de ella fue la vista desde la carretera Panamericana. En realidad, me bajé de ese camino por un tiempo y tomó un desvío por un camino nuevo que sigue la costa. Era una carretera muy buena dividido con algunas vistas de la costa. Y finalmente conocí a Don Kiki, el propietario de un negocio de puros de decisiones en Estelí. Divide su tiempo entre Nicaragua y Miami. En el camino hacia el sur me detuve y compré unos cigarros en la fábrica y se lo que yo pensaba que era un precio bastante bueno sobre los cigarros que me gustaba. Así que me decidí a comprar un poco más en el camino de vuelta - tal vez suficiente para que me dure todo el verano. Bueno, el dueño estaba allí y nos sentamos y hablamos durante una hora o así. Le dije que algunos de los cigarros que me gustaba y lo que más me fumaría si podía pagarlos y así sucesivamente. Así que le di cien dólares y le pidió que use su juicio y seleccionar algún enemigo cigarros mí. Él tiene alrededor de seis u ocho variedades diferentes que se mezcla y se pone en diferentes bandas. Así que me dio un muy buen trato. No he mirado los precios al por menor que los cargos en su tienda en Miami, pero señaló uno de los seis paquetes que seleccionó para mí y me dijo que ese paquete solo se vende por más de cien dólares! Era un tipo muy agradable. Parecía como si mi campista mucho y dijo que la próxima vez que pasa a través, podría haber una igual. Y también dijo que si quería quedarme en Estelí durante unos días, ahora o en el futuro que yo podía aparcar a cabo en su granja y él me enganche con la electricidad. Cuando volé de bck Mamitupu a Ciudad de Panamá, Ramón y su esposa me había TKE pckage a su hija mayor. Ella está en la escuela en el continente y estudiando para ser maestra. De todos modos, cuando el avión aterrizó en Panamá, los pasajeros todos tenían que pasar por muy minuciosa inspección de su equipaje y todo, como si viniera de otro país. La razón es que el territorio de la India está muy cerca de Colombia y mucho comercio no regulado que sucede entre los kunas y los colombianos, así que si no consigna de equipaje en el aeropuerto, usted podría ser capaz de pasar de contrabando en todo tipo de cosas! Pero yo estaba un poco nervioso, preguntándose qué estaba en ese paquete que llevaba. Y tienen algunas reglas propias, también. Había un cartel que decía que estaba en contra de la ley para llevar en cualquier tipo de artesanía que se hace de las hojas de la palmera de coco, así que me alegré de no me quito el sombrero con el que yo tengo en México el año pasado debido a que es lo que está hecho de. Así que me reuní Yamaris en el aeropuerto y le dio el paquete y todo estaba bien.




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment