Monday, February 14, 2011



I think I finally figured out how to resize the photographs and attach them to the blog with my new NETBOOK computer.  It is a little more complicated than it used to be with my other computer.

So here are some samples.  Just before crossing the Nicaraguan border and going south into Costa Rica, I saw a big field full of windmills.  I guess they found a good place to put them where the wind blows all the time.

The place I stayed just over the border in Costa Rica was real nice.  Here is a picture of the river.  They charged me eight dollars for the night.

Then the other picture is taken at the far end of Costa Rica, just before crossing into Panama, at a place called Golfito.  It is a little bay where it looks like they do a lot of fishing.

I am happy to report that, through some more detective work, I have found out that my old friend Ramon Herrera is living in Mamitupu.  I sent an email to a hotel that is located on another island about 30 minutes away.  The nice young fellow at the hotel replied right away and said he would ask his parents and friends of his parents if anybody knew my friend.  Then the next day he emailed me back and said that Ramon was good friends with a cousin of his father!  And, yes, he and his wife Gladys live on Mamitupu Island.

So now I am going to leave my RV at the construction-materials business of my new friend Bob Hurt from Memphis, Tennessee.  I will take the bus in to the city tomorrow and arrange a flight out to the island. Here is a picture of Ramon and daughter Odalys taken in 1984, last time I saw him.

Creo que finalmente descubierto la manera de cambiar el tamaño de las fotografías que se adjuntarán al blog con mi equipo nuevo netbook. Es un poco más complicado de lo que solía estar con mi otro ordenador.


Así que aquí están algunos ejemplos. Justo antes de cruzar la frontera con Nicaragua y hacia el sur a Costa Rica, vi un gran campo lleno de molinos de viento. Supongo que se encuentran un buen lugar para ponerlos donde el viento sopla todo el tiempo.


El lugar me quedé solo en la frontera con Costa Rica fue muy bonito. Aquí hay una foto del río. Ellos me acusaron a ocho dólares por la noche.


Entonces la otra foto se toma en el otro extremo de Costa Rica, justo antes de cruzar a Panamá, en un lugar llamado Golfito. Se trata de una pequeña bahía, donde parece que hacer un montón de pesca.


Me complace informar de que, a través de un trabajo de detective más, he descubierto que mi viejo amigo Ramón Herrera vive en Mamitupu. Envié un correo electrónico a un hotel que se encuentra en otra isla a unos 30 minutos. El buen hombre joven en el hotel respondió de inmediato y dijo que pediría a sus padres y amigos de sus padres si alguien conocía a mi amigo. Luego, al día siguiente, me escribió y dijo que Ramón era buen amigo de un primo de su padre! Y, sí, él y su esposa Gladys en vivo por Mamitupu isla.


Así que ahora voy a dejar mi RV en el negocio de materiales de construcción de mi nuevo amigo Bob Hurtado de Memphis, Tennessee. Voy a tomar el autobús en la mañana a la ciudad y organizar un vuelo a la isla. Aquí está una foto de Ramón y Odalys hija tomada en 1984, la última vez que lo vi.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment