Wednesday, January 9, 2013



Yesterday---Tuesday the 8th of January--I drove from Patzcuaro (Michoacan) to Salvatierra (Gua'najauato).
I stopped at a clothing outlet store along the way and bought several pairs of socks.
   In Yuriria I discovered that my friend Carlos' specialty bakery store has gone out of business, just as  I had feared.
His problem was that the maintenance of the refrigerated display cases for his cakes and baked goods was too costly, because the electricity had to be constantly supplied, even at night when the store was closed.   I still have a key to the side door and could probably gain access to the shop, but I did not test this theory.




  I then pushed on to Salvatierra where I had a very nice visit with some of the nicest fellows you could ever hope to meet, the owner of a bicycle repair shop and a group of his friends, all of whom seem to have remembered me from my previous visit two years ago.  We all had a great time talking and laughing and making fun of their slow-minded neighbors from Jalisco, as well as the Canadians (particularly the French-speaking ones).  I promised to remember to bring my Schwinn bicycle along with me next year so that it can be refurbished.  They all said that they will be sure to follow my adventures by means of the internet and make snide comments and rude remarks.  We had a great time and I am just a little bit hung over this morning.


Ayer---el martes 8 de enero--manejé de Pátzcuaro (Michoacán) a Salvatierra (Gua'najauato).
Me paré en una tienda de ropa en el camino y compró varios pares de calcetines.
En Yuriria descubrí que el almacén de panadería de mi amigo Carlos especialidad ha ido fuera del negocio, tal como había temido.
Su problema era que el mantenimiento de las vitrinas refrigeradas para sus pasteles y productos de panadería era demasiado costoso, porque la electricidad tuvo que suministrar constantemente, incluso en la noche cuando la tienda estaba cerrada. Tengo todavía una llave a la puerta lateral y probablemente podría acceder a la tienda, pero no lo hizo probar esta teoría.
Luego insertado en a Salvatierra donde tuve una visita muy agradable con algunos de los compañeros más bonitos que nunca podría esperar a conocer, el propietario de un taller de reparación de bicicletas y un grupo de sus amigos, todos los cuales parecen haber recordado me de mi anterior visita hace dos años. Todos tuvimos un gran tiempo hablando y riendo y burlándose de sus vecinos lenta-mente de Jalisco, así como los canadienses (especialmente la francesa los). Prometí Recuerde traer mi bicicleta Schwinn junto a mí el año próximo, por lo que se puede ser reformado. Todos dijeron que van a ser siga mis aventuras por medio de internet y hacer comentarios sarcásticos y comentarios groseros. Tuvimos un gran tiempo y me colgué un poco sobre esta mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment