Saturday, January 5, 2013


   I belive that I can report that I am now beginning to think like a Mexican.   My excuse, from now and hereafter, when ever someone says "why were you not where you said you would be?" or "why did you not do that which you said you would do" or any of that sort of thing -- my excuse is going to be "intervenieron los circunstancias" or in other words "circumstances intervened."
In English, this may sound rather feeble and ineffective, but in Mexico it seems to me as if it should be quite a satisfactory excuse for just about any sort of behavior.

Creo que puedo decir que ahora estoy empezando a pensar como un mexicano. Mi excusa, desde ahora y en adelante, cuando alguien dice "por qué estabas no donde dijo que sería?" o "¿por qué no hiciste lo que usted dijo que haría" o cualquiera de ese tipo de cosas--mi excusa va a ser "intervenieron los circunstancias" o en otras palabras "circunstancias intervinieron."
En inglés, esto puede sonar bastante débil e ineficaz, pero en México me parece como si debería ser una excusa satisfactoria para casi cualquier tipo de comportamiento.

1 comment:

  1. In fact, that is often what happens, so why explain all the circumstances...

    ReplyDelete