Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rafael

Here are a couple photos of my friend Don Rafa from Salvatierra, Guanajuato.  I met him in November on my way south and he let me park across the street from his bicycle repair shop and plug in to his electricity.  I thought he was bald or maybe shaved his head, but after two or three days he told me he was getting chemotherapy treatments and had a cancerous tumor that was not respoding by getting smaller.  So he was going to have surgery in December to remove it.  He is a really nice fellow and only 51 years old, so I have been thinking about him and hoping that he came through the surgery in good shape.  WWell, yesterday I stopped in at his place again and he looks great!  His hair is growing back and he showed me his scar and said they removed a tumor that weighed 4 kilos, or about nine pounds.  And apparently they got all the cancer.  I am so happy for him and his family!

He is really proud of that building, too.  It has been in his family for generations.

Today I am back in Yuriria to visit my friend Carlos, the bakery owner.  I was able to find one of those tall white chef's hats for him.  I think he will look good in it.

Aquí hay un par de fotos de mi amigo don Rafa de Salvatierra, Guanajuato. Lo conocí en noviembre en mi camino hacia el sur y me deje parque al otro lado de la calle de su tienda de reparación de bicicletas y un enchufe para su electricidad. Pensé que era calvo o tal vez se afeitó la cabeza, pero después de dos o tres días me dijo que estaba recibiendo tratamientos de quimioterapia y tenía un tumor canceroso que no era respoding por cada vez más pequeño. Así que se van a operar en diciembre para quitarlo. Es un tipo realmente agradable y sólo 51 años de edad, así que he estado pensando en él y esperar que él vino a través de la cirugía en buenas condiciones. WWell, ayer se detuvo en su lugar otra vez y él se ve muy bien! Su pelo está creciendo de nuevo y me mostró su cicatriz y dijo quitaron un tumor que pesaba 4 kilos, o cerca de nueve libras. Y al parecer, tiene todo el cáncer. Estoy muy feliz por él y su familia!



Él está muy orgulloso de ese edificio, también. Ha estado en su familia por generaciones.



Hoy estoy de vuelta en Yuriria a visitar a mi amigo Carlos, el dueño de la panadería. Tuve la oportunidad de encontrar uno de esos sombreros chef alto blanco para él. Creo que se verá bien en ella.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment