Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Desastre

I  am in a super-8 motel in Nashville, Tennessee.   Early this afternoon I was driving east on the freeway, in the right-hand lane, at about sixty miles per hour, when a crazy woman decided to enter the highway right in front of me (about thirty feet in front of mr) while traveling at  two miles per hour.

I applied my brakes as soon as I saw her, but of course could not stop in time and now my radiator and fan are all messed up.  It took a while to find a place that could do the repairs and by the time I called my insurance company and we found a repair shop--the repair shop was closed.  In fact, it may be the case that they will not be able to start work on my vehicle until next week.  there are still some details that must be decided tomorrow.  Such as who will be able to do the work and how long it might take and so forth. 

It appears now as if I may have to rent a car to get back home and then return to Nashville some time in the future (two weeks?  three?)  to recover my vehicle. 

I have never in my life seen anyone do such a stupid thing in an automobile as this woman did!

Estoy en un super-8 motel en Nashville, Tennessee. A principios de este por la tarde estaba conduciendo hacia el este por la autopista, en el carril de la derecha, a unas sesenta millas por hora, cuando una mujer loca decidió entrar en el derecho de la carretera delante de (unos treinta metros delante de mr) durante el viaje a dos millas por hora.



Apliqué mis frenos tan pronto como la vi, pero por supuesto no pudo frenar a tiempo y ahora mi radiador y ventilador están en mal estado. Me tomó un tiempo para encontrar un lugar que podía hacer las reparaciones y para el momento llamé a mi compañía de seguros y nos encontramos con un taller de reparación - el taller estaba cerrado. De hecho, puede ser el caso de que no será capaz de empezar a trabajar en mi vehículo hasta la próxima semana. todavía hay algunos detalles que hay que decidir mañana. Tales como quién será capaz de hacer el trabajo y cuánto tiempo podría tomar y así sucesivamente.



Parece ahora como si voy a tener que alquilar un coche para volver a casa y volver a Nashville en algún momento del futuro (dos semanas? tres?) para recuperar mi vehículo.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment