Monday, January 17, 2011

Milagros de Guate

Last night I started a conversation with a fellow and he talked pretty good English.  I cound tell right away he wasn't from Belgium or New Zealand or Great Britain or one of those places where they talk kind of funny.  So I asked where he was from and he said New York.  I told him I was born in Buffalo and he said "me too."  Then I said Buffalo General Hospital and he said "me too."  He turned out to know Fredonia and Dunkirk like the back of his hand.  My brother David and sister Debbie might have company pretty soon because I told him where they both live and he knew where Newell Road and Bear Lake are!  I guess, if I sit on that barstool long enough, the whole world will come walking through the door.

Then today I was invited for lunch by my old buddy Christopher and his family.  We had chicken and rice and a salad.  They are real nice folks.  I hadn't met the dad before, but he is a carpenter with a shop right down the street, and he comes home for lunch.






It took some doing to find them because they are renting out their location at the Artisan Market.  So I had to print up a photo from four-and-a-half years ago and start grilling the suspects until somebody spilled the beans. 

Anoche comenzó una conversación con un compañero y él habló muy bien Inglés. Yo Cound decir enseguida que no era de Bélgica o Nueva Zelanda o el Reino Unido o uno de esos lugares donde se habla un poco raro. Así que le pregunté de dónde era y él dijo que Nueva York. Le dije que había nacido en Buffalo y me dijo "yo también". Entonces dije: Hospital General de Buffalo y me dijo "yo también". Se volvió a saber Fredonia y Dunkerque como la palma de su mano. Mi hermano David y su hermana Debbie podría tener compañía muy pronto, ya le dije donde ambos viven y sabía que Newell Road y Bear Lake son! Supongo que, si me siento en ese taburete tiempo suficiente, todo el mundo vendrá a pie por la puerta.

Entonces hoy me invitaron a almorzar a mi viejo amigo Christopher y su familia. Teníamos el pollo y el arroz y una ensalada. Son reales gente agradable. Yo no había conocido antes el papá, pero él es un carpintero con una tienda de la derecha por la calle, y él vuelve a casa para el almuerzo.
Tomó un poco de hacer para encontrarlos ya que son el alquiler de su ubicación en el Mercado Artesanal. Así que tuve que imprimir una foto de hace cuatro años y medio y empezar a asar los sospechosos hasta que alguien derramó el grano.

No comments:

Post a Comment