Sunday, January 23, 2011

another big party

Today I am going to try and help Annalisi (the young lady who wants to volunteer to teach massage to the Mayans) acquire an affordable used bicycle.  I guess I am now the bicycle expert around town.  Anyway, my friend Robin says that there is a bicycle at his parents' house that nobody uses and maybe they would sell it for thirty dollars or so.  If not, we will drive to Chimaltenango this afternoon, where there is supposed to be a big flea market every Friday with sales of used items of all description.
(Later)  Well, we found here a used 12-speed for about $37.

Saturday I spent the day in San Antonio Aguascalientes, where there was a big parade and a city-wide party with lots of music and dancing and street food.  It was a lot of fun.  Today I am going to Monterrico, on the coast, about two hours south of here.  I met a fellow who runs a hotel there.  He says he can fix me up with secure parking and electricity.








Hoy voy a tratar de ayudar a Annalisi (la joven que quiere ser voluntario para enseñar el masaje para los mayas) adquirir una bicicleta económica utilizada. Supongo que ahora soy el experto en bicicleta por la ciudad. De todos modos, mi amigo Robin dice que hay una bicicleta en casa de sus padres que utiliza nadie y tal vez lo vendería por treinta dólares o menos. Si no, iremos a Chimaltenango esta tarde, donde se supone que es un mercado de pulgas grande cada viernes con la venta de artículos usados de toda descripción.(Más tarde) Bueno, encontramos aquí un usado de 12 velocidades de alrededor de $ 37.
Sábado me pasé el día en San Antonio Aguascalientes, donde había un gran desfile y una fiesta en toda la ciudad con mucha música y el baile y la comida de la calle. Fue muy divertido. Hoy voy a Monterrico, en la costa, cerca de dos horas al sur de aquí. Conocí a un hombre que dirige un hotel allí. Él dice que me puede arreglar con parqueo seguro y la electricidad.

1 comment:

  1. okay, Now I see that Johnny's place is the place where you areon Jan 27th...and, I am reminded that you are putting those little notes on the pictures yourself now, so I figure your camera got charged.

    ReplyDelete