Wednesday, December 1, 2010

more fotos





here are some more pictures from misantla

Well, I have moved my RV across the street and am now parked in a line with the circus trailers.  The owner of the show is a nice fellow named Manuel Ybarra.  I gave him a good Honduran cigar and a gold (chocolate) coin to each of his five children.  They are providing me with electricity.  I am not sure where it comes from, the circus does not seem to have a generator trailer.  They will be here until next Monday.  I imagine the last performance is probably Sunday evening and then they will "tear down" and travel on Monday.  So I guess I am not going to worry about electric power for a while, though I don't know how long I will be staying in Misantla.
    Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be the same as today, cloudy but no rain, and my new girlfriend at the tourist office says it would probably be a good day to visit the pyramids.  So that is my plan for tomorrow.  It is supposed to be only about six miles from here, but with dirt and gravel roads.  I told her "well, I could ride my bicycle then!" but she suggested that driving is probably a better idea.
    I have pretty much covered all of Misantla on my bicycle, I think.  It is about twelve blocks long and six blocks wide.  When you go up to the "lookout point" at night and view the town, it is supposed to have the shape of a deer's head, but the photos I have seen are unconvincing.  I think that may be a little bit of a stretch.
    Misantla was settled by indigenous people before the Spanish got here.  The Totonacas, I think, are some of the ones who joined up with the Spaniards and helped them defeat the Aztecs.  The big church in town and a couple of other buildings are said to be built on top of pre-colombian structures that were already in place.

Bueno, he pasado mi RV lado de la calle y ahora estoy estacionado en una línea con los trailers de circo. El propietario de la muestra es un buen tipo llamado Manuel Ybarra. Le di un buen cigarro de Honduras y una de oro (de chocolate) moneda para cada uno de sus cinco hijos. Me están ofreciendo con la electricidad. No estoy seguro de dónde viene, el circo no parece tener un remolque generador. Ellos estarán aquí hasta el próximo lunes. Me imagino que la última actuación es, probablemente, por la noche y luego van a "demoler" y viajar el lunes. Así que supongo que no voy a preocuparse por la energía eléctrica por un tiempo, aunque no sé cuánto tiempo va a permanecer en Misantla.
 
el clima de mañana se supone que es el mismo que hoy en día, nublado pero sin lluvia, y mi nueva novia en la oficina de turismo dice que probablemente sería un buen día para visitar las pirámides. Así que ese es mi plan para mañana. Se supone que sólo alrededor de seis millas de aquí, pero con la suciedad y los caminos de grava. Le dije 'bueno, yo podría montar mi bicicleta, entonces! " pero sugirió que la conducción es probablemente una idea mejor.
 
Tengo casi todas las cubiertas de Misantla en mi bicicleta, me parece. Se trata de doce cuadras de largo y seis cuadras. Cuando se sube a 'Mirador' de la noche y ver la ciudad, que se supone que tienen la forma de una cabeza de venado, pero las fotos que he visto son poco convincentes. Creo que puede ser un poco más de un tramo.
 
Misantla fue poblada por los indígenas antes de que el español llegado hasta aquí. Los totonacas, creo, son algunos de los que se unieron a los españoles y les ayudó a derrotar a los aztecas. La gran iglesia de la ciudad y un par de edificios se dice que se construirá en la parte superior de las estructuras pre-colombinas que ya estaban en su lugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment