Wednesday, December 1, 2010


I thought I had found a great plce to park in Misantla, next to a playground where I would not be blocking the entrance to any businesses.  There was yellow paint on the curb, however, and I thought it might not be a legal parking space, although there was a truck parked in front of me with its driveshaft and transmission out and on the ground.  I got into a conversation with the mechanic to try to make sure I would be OK to park there and was telling him that I liked to park on wide streets because I don't want to be struck by other traffic.  As I was saying this, a trandit police car drove past and they must have overheard me because the police officer spoke to me and said it would be better for me to park around the corner.

The street he directed me to turned out to be really super wide, with room enough for about five lanes of traffic (although, because this is Mexico, there are of course no painted lines or anything).

So I parked on this very wide street, and right across the way is a little circus.  Some of the circus people have travel trailers and there is at least one 5th-wheel type of trailer.  At ten o'clock last night there was a knock on my door that woke me up.  There werte four people at my door and they said something about the circus that I did not really understand.  I told them that no, I wasn't part of the circus.  But they said THEY were from the circus and wanted to know if I would like to park on the lot, next to them.  Of course my answer was another question--"do you want to share your electricity with me?"  They said yes, so we will see what happens.  I am not sure whether I will recognize these people in the morning because it was dark last night because it was dark and they woke me from a sound sleep.  The only thing I remember is that one of them was kind of chubby and they were all rather short, either children or, perhaps, midgets.

The young senorita in the tourism office here is very friendly and talkative and knows a great deal about the history of Misantla, its attractions, and so forth.  There is a printed pamphlet available for visitors, with a nice map of the city center and short descriptions of some notable buildings and locations and cultural traditions.  But Berthilde, the tourist lady, also showed me many photographs that are stored on her laptop.




Pensé que había encontrado un PLCE gran parque en Misantla, al lado de un parque infantil en el que no estaría bloqueando la entrada de cualquier negocio. No había pintura amarilla en la acera, sin embargo, y pensé que no podría ser un espacio de estacionamiento legal, aunque no había un camión estacionado en frente de mí con su eje de transmisión y la transmisión a cabo y sobre el terreno. Me metí en una conversación con el mecánico para tratar de asegurarse de que yo estaría bien para aparcar allí y le decía que me gustaba para estacionar en las calles de todo porque yo no quiero ser golpeado por otros vehículos. Como decía esto, un coche de policía trandit pasó por delante y debe haberme escuchado porque el oficial de policía me habló y me dijo que sería mejor para mí parque alrededor de la esquina.
La calle se dirigió a mí resultó ser realmente súper ancho, con suficiente espacio para cerca de cinco carriles de tráfico (aunque, debido a esto es México, hay, por supuesto sin líneas pintadas o cualquier cosa).


Por lo tanto, estacionado en esta calle muy ancha, y al otro lado de la forma es un pequeño circo. Algunas de las personas del circo han remolques de viaje y hay al menos un tipo quinta rueda del remolque. A las diez de la noche anterior alguien llamó a mi puerta que me despertó. Hay Werte cuatro personas a mi puerta y me dijeron algo sobre el circo que yo no entendía realmente. Yo les dije que no, yo no era parte del circo. Pero ellos dijeron que eran del circo y quería saber si me gustaría aparcar en la parcela, junto a ellos. Por supuesto, mi respuesta fue otra pregunta -'do que desea compartir su electricidad conmigo? Ellos dijeron que sí, así que veremos qué pasa. No estoy seguro si voy a reconocer a estas personas en la mañana porque anoche oscuro porque era de noche y me desperté de un sueño profundo. Lo único que recuerdo es que uno de ellos era un poco gordita y todos ellos eran más bien corto, ya sea niños o, quizá, enanos.
La señorita joven en la oficina de turismo de aquí es muy amable y conversador y sabe mucho sobre la historia de Misantla, lugares de interés, y así sucesivamente. Hay un folleto impreso disponible para los visitantes, con un buen mapa de la ciudad y una breve descripción de algunos edificios notables y los lugares y las tradiciones culturales. Pero Berthilde, la dama de turismo, también me enseñó muchas fotografías que se almacenan en su ordenador portátil.

No comments:

Post a Comment