Sunday, October 24, 2010









Here are just some pictures I've taken in the last few days.  The fellow posing with my by my camper spent last night here with his wife and sister-in-law.  He owns a gym in Zamora, Michoacan and told me I could p[ark next to his house anytime I am passing through his town.

I took the picture of the young man in the purple shirt to show what seems to be a very popular hairstyle these days.  You try and make it point straight up on the top of your head!

These others are just some pictures of the Cervantino celebration that's going on around town.  The lady selling the Argentinian empanadas has to ask her customers to hold her sign while she reaches in the basket for the food and makes change, so her customers all take turns holding the sign and I had my picture taken with it.  (I tried to help her out by yelling "Hot empanadas, Argentinian style!  Beef and cheese!  Only twelve pesos!")

At noon today there was an opera performed in the public market--pretty interesting idea.  First the guy in the fish stall started singing and then a lady sang and then the fellow from the vegetable stand.  I couldn't follow the story very well, but at some point they all threw confetti in the air and I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a wedding.

Don Quixote let me hold his sword while we had our picture taken.


Éstas son sólo algunas fotos que he tomado en los últimos días. El hombre posando con mi caravana pasó por mi última noche aquí con su esposa y su cuñada-. Es dueño de un gimnasio en Zamora, Michoacán y me dijo que podía p [arca junto a su casa en cualquier momento que estoy pasando por su pueblo.
Tomé la foto del joven con la camiseta púrpura para mostrar lo que parece ser un peinado muy popular en estos días. Usted tratar de hacer que apunte hacia arriba en la parte superior de tu cabeza!
Estos otros son sólo algunas fotos de la celebración del Cervantino que está pasando alrededor de la ciudad. La señora que vende las empanadas argentinas tiene que pedir a sus clientes para mantener su signo, mientras que alcanza en la cesta de la comida y hace el cambio, por lo que sus clientes todos los turnos con el signo y yo tenía mi foto con ella. (Traté de ayudarla a salir gritando 'Hot empanadas estilo argentino! De carne y queso! Sólo doce pesos!')
Al mediodía de hoy se realizó una ópera en el mercado público - muy interesante idea. En primer lugar el hombre en el puesto de pescado comenzó a cantar y luego cantó una dama y luego el compañero del puesto de verduras. No pude seguir la historia muy bien, pero en algún momento todos ellos lanzaron confeti en el aire y estoy bastante seguro de que iba a ser una boda.
Don Quijote, que me sostiene la espada, mientras que tuvimos nuestra foto.
Google Translate for my:SearchesVideosEmailPhoneCha

1 comment:

  1. Don, like your new girlfriend but I still think your wife is better looking. seeing your pictures makes us miss Guanajuato, will keep checking from time to time

    ReplyDelete