Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gene Byron Casa-Museo





I visited another ex-hacienda where they used to separate silver and gold from all the rocks they dug up in the old days.  This place was abandoned and falling apart when, in about 1955, it was purchased by a Canadian lady and her Spanish husband.  The lady was named Gene Byron and was a designer of art objects and a painter.  There are a lot of pictures on the walls that she painted and a lot of brass and tin and pewter candelabras and other objects that she 'designed' but I think other folks probably produced them.  I drove my motor home to the museum and had no trouble getting there, but I got lost on my way home and found myself wandering the tunnels beneath the city and worried that I was going to run into something because of the height of my vehicle.

Visité otro ex-hacienda donde se utiliza para separar la plata y el oro de todas las piedras que desenterraron en los viejos tiempos. Este lugar fue abandonado y cayendo a pedazos cuando, alrededor de 1955, fue comprado por una señora canadiense y su marido español. La señora se llamaba Gene Byron y era un diseñador de objetos de arte y pintor. Hay un montón de cuadros en las paredes que pintó y una gran cantidad de candelabros de bronce y estaño y peltre y otros objetos que ella "diseñado" pero creo que otras personas, probablemente las haya producido. Me dirigí a mi casa rodante al museo y no tuvo problemas para llegar hasta allí, pero me perdí en mi camino a casa y me encontré vagando los túneles bajo la ciudad y preocupado que yo iba a correr en algo debido a la altura de mi vehícul

No comments:

Post a Comment