Wednesday, March 6, 2013


I am afraid my memory is such that I am not able to relate all that has happened in the six weeks since my arrival in Guatemala, but the night I got here was a memorable one.  A friend saw my vehicle rolling past his establishment and he jumped up out of his chair and bid me to pull over in a no-parking zone out in front of his business.  We chatted for a while and then he said, since it was kind of a slow night, that he would close down his shop and that we should collect one of our mutual friends and celebrate my arrival properly.  So he and I, along with a couple of other fellows, piled into my RV and traveled five blocks or so to First Avenue.

On second thought, that story might be better left untold.

Instead here is a picture of Robin's father-in-law after his chair collapsed.


Me temo que mi memoria es tal que no soy capaz de relacionar todo lo que ha ocurrido en las seis semanas desde mi llegada a Guatemala, pero la noche que llegué aquí fue una experiencia memorable. Un amigo vio mi vehículo rodando más allá de su establecimiento y saltó de su silla y me Tire encima en una zona no-estacionamiento frente a su negocio oferta. Charlamos por un rato y entonces me dijo, puesto que era la clase de una noche lenta, que él iba a cerrar su tienda y debemos recoger a uno de nuestros amigos mutuos y celebrar mi llegada correctamente. Entonces, él y yo, junto con un par de otros compañeros, se acumularon mi RV y viajó cinco cuadras más o menos a la primera Avenida.

Pensándolo bien, esa historia podría ser mejor dejar incalculable.

En cambio aquí es una foto de suegro de Robin después del colapso de su silla.
 
Microsoft Translator


2 comments:

  1. Don, a lady is coming tonight to purchase the bunkbeds --so, last night we took off the Alfred E. Newman for President sticker which has been there since 1968 and inspired my daughters to put on another thirty-fifty stickers which we have also recently removed. Just thought you ought to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up, just wanted to mention, I enjoyed this post. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    Feel free to surf to my homepage; business Card

    ReplyDelete